Duck Hunting Forum banner

Posting up pics cheat sheet.

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Boomn4x4 
#1 ·
Basically you can use an off site webhost server like hunt101.com or Photobucket.com or similar type of site. Or you can use the DHC Photo Album, just look up a few inches and you'll see it.

You can then link from here to the pic at the site using the IMG feature so that the pic will appear here on your post. The IMG is locate about 1/2" above the dialogue box on right side when you are making a new post.

Please convert if possible Bit pics into jpg as they take 1/10 if not 1/20th of the time to upload, this is especially inportant as many are still using 56k modems and with a 2 meg upload to be able to see the pic would take about 7 minutes for guys. So please use jpg for the pics.

Also resizing a pic helps too-often the pic are very big, resize them to say 600 x 800 so it fits within the screen.

Here is a fine handi-dandi resizer free software program that I use. Also you can convert bit pics to jpg with it. It is called "Irfanview" do a google search and there should be several places you can downlaod it for free if you are a private party (Commercial sites must buy it). Once you have it downloaded, open it up. To resize a pic click the open file folder to choose the pic from your computer and then click the "image" pull down menu and click resize/resample. Once you redo it, then save it to where you want it, and in saving it you can save it as JPG file. You can do a straight bit to JPG basically doing the same thing except omitted the resizing it.

[added by Admin2]- For the DHC Photo Album, you can use your own personal gallery (about 1/2 way you will see "your personal gallery") as each member has one. Or you can post pics to the general Photo gatergories too from your computer. Remember that there is size limits which are self explanitory.

It is your choice which you use.

Please note: DHC does not endorse any of the web hosts or software mentioned above. I'm just sharing with you what I use is all.

I hope this helps you all out so we all can see some pics of hunts or funnies or whatever.

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh BTW, we at DHC also have a photo album (look top center of page). You can post the pics there and do a [siteimg][/siteimg] code with the pic numerials between the brackets.

#5 ·
OK, this is kind of a tricky one let me see if I can explain this ..... The "IMG" tags work for an image files. The address of the file itself must be between the tags (without spaces btw). What you have posted is the address of page that displays the file not the file itself. The photo album here works funny in that it dosen't actually display the actual file name. The tell tail that you are not using the file is that at the end of the URL the file type is not displayed, it must end in the three digit file type (ie. .bmp, .jpg, .gif) Yours ends in the Picutre ID number....... 2169

The good news is that you are not out of luck, the bad news is there isn't a button to click to put the correct tags in to display a DHC Photo Album pic. There IS a tage however it is "[SITEIMG]" What you need to do is manually type"[SITEIMG]--image#--[/SITEIMG] and it will display (--image#-- = the pic_id). In your case the Pic ID is 2169 which can be found at the end of the URL or in your actual Photo Album.

Here is an example, I am purposly going to misspell [SITEIMG] so that it displays the correct formatting.

[siiteimg]2169[/siiteimg]

and here is the picture using the tabs

[siteimg]2169[/siteimg]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.